The Faculty of Economics and Tourism “Dr. Mijo Mirković” Pula is organising its 8th International Scientific Conference with the central theme « Future World by 2050».
The seventh previous international conferences were focused on some aspects of globalization, macroeconomic management and entrepreneurship:
- The First International Conference “Economic Globalization and Development of Small European Countries” was organized in 2000 and referred to different aspect of globalization with development challenges of small countries.
- The Second International Conference “Globalization and Entrepreneurship: Fears, Challenges and Opportunities” in 2003 made slight from globalization to entrepreneurship development.
- The Third international conference “Entrepreneurship and Macroeconomic Management” in 2005 focused on entrepreneurship problems in a globalize world and emphasized different factors in economic, political and social sphere that influence on its development.
- The Fourth International Conference “Global Challenges for Competitiveness: Business and Government Perspective“ in 2007 was aimed to deal with different fields of national and business competitiveness. The focus of the conference was on economic, social and political issues related to actual and future development challenges in the processes of integration and globalisation.
- The Fifth International Conference „Entrepreneurship and Macroeconomic Management: Reflections on the World in Turmoil” in 2011 focused on globalised and changing world that has to rethink the way of managing resources at the microeconomic and at the macroeconomic level as well.
- The Sixth International Conference „The Changing Econimic Landscape: Issues, Implications and Policy Options; Economic in Crisis - The Crisis of Economics” was organized in 2013 and referred to the cycles of economic crisis and to the crisis of the economic science.
- The Seventh International Conference “European Union Future Perspectives: Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Economic Policy” in 2015 discussed various ideas, various paths on micro and macro level related with innovation and entrepreneurship that could lead EU economies towards a higher level of employment and welfare.
The focus of the Eighth conference are challenges with which the world is faced in the future (for example as poverty, aging population, (un)employment,(dis)integration, environmental catastrophes,innovations, etc.), and the challenges with which is faced economics as a science in the future.
"It is impossible to go backwards; the only possible and natural path is the one leading ahead. It means the path towards the economic development, the entry into the full civilisation."
Mijo Mirković, PhD (1898-1963)