November 26-28, 2018
The Organizing Committee of the Conference takes pleasure in announcing that an
CH. C S UNIVERSITY OF MEERUT (UP) INDIA
in cooperation with the
Faculty of Economics & Tourism, “Dr. Mijo Mirković”, University of Pula (Croatia, EU)
Department of Macroeconomics and Economic Development, Faculty of Economics and Business, Zagreb (Croatia, EU)
- N.K. Taneja
- Vice Chancellor, CCSU, Meerut
- Soumitra Sharma, University of Pula
- Sudhir Sharma, CCSU, Meerut
- Schapour Zafarpour, Wirtshaftuniverzitet, Vienna, Austria
- Hazbo Skoko, Charls Sturt University, Bathurst, NSW, Australia
- Hal Hill, National University, Canberra, Australia
- Kresimir Zigić, CERGE-EI, a joint working Place of Charles University and the Economics Institute of the Czech Academy of Sciences, Czech Republic
- Ivo Druzić, Economics Faculty, Zagreb, Croatia
- Danijela Krizman Pavlović, FET, University of Pula, Croatia
- Valentin Cojanu, Economics Institute, University of Bucharest, Romania
- Jean-Paul Thommen, EBS Universität für Wirtschaft und Recht, Wiesbaden, and the University of Zurich, Switzerland
- Junsoo Lee, University of Alabama, USA
- James M Chen, Michigan State University, USA
- Atvir Singh, Ch. Charan Singh University, Meerut
- Dinesh Kumar, Ch. Charan Singh University, Meerut
- Nevenka Čavlek, Faculty of Economics and Business, Zagreb
- Daniel Tomić, FET – J.D. University of Pula
- Marinko Škare, FET – J.D. University of Pula
- Lovorka Galetić, Faculty of Economics and Business, Zagreb
- Ines Kersan-Škabić, FET – J.D. University of Pula
- Tomislav Gelo, Faculty of Economics and Business, Zagreb
- Alka Obadić, Faculty of Economics and Business, Zagreb
- Jurica Šimurina, Faculty of Economics and Business, Zagreb
The Organizing Committee, consisting of the academia from CCSU Meerut (India), UNIPU (Croatia) and EFZG (Croatia), takes pleasure to invite economists – university professors, experts from financial institutions and international agencies, and the multinational corporations – to a round-table conference that will be hosted by the
CH. C S UNIVERSITY OF MEERUT (UP) INDIA from 26 to 28 November 2018.
The Committee invites papers on the following themes
- Economic trends in East, South and South-East Asian countries
- Secular stagnation
- Peace, security and economic development
- Growth and eco-solutions
- FDI and economic growth
- Growth and rising incomes and increasing inequalities
- Immigration and (un) employment nexus
- Integration and disintegration of economic unions
- Impact of technology and innovation o quality and pace of economic development
- International markets, management and marketing strategies
- Developing trends in international tourism
- Country studies, and
- Other related themes to be approved by the Committee
The working language of the Conference is English. No interpretations will be provided.
Authors are invited to contribute a paper (app. 4800 words) on one of the suggested themes. It is earnestly hoped that the contributors will observe the following recommended dates:
Submission of Presentation Abstract: (max. 1200 words) by 15th September 2018
Submission of Full Paper: (max. 4800 words) by 15th November 2018
CONFERENCE FEE & REGISTRATION
- INR 7000 to be paid by 15th September 2018; and INR 10.000 if paid after in on 5th November 2018. Fee should be paid by bank transfer/bank draft in advance, or in cash on the counter of the Bank. The amount should be paid in the name of International Conference 2018 to the ALLAHABAD BANK, CCSU Branch, Meerut (UP), India, to be credited in favor of the Saving Bank Acct. No. 50419929377.
- University teachers: INR 3500
- Research scholars: INR 1500
THE CITY OF THE CONFERENCE
City of Meerut (pop. app. 1.5 million) is located in the Indian State of Uttar Pradesh. It is an ancient city with settlements dating back to the Indus valley civilization having been found in and around the area. The city lies 70 km northeast of the national capital New Delhi. It is also close to the now city Hastinapur – the place where the Mahabharata took place. Meerut is the second largest city in the National Capital region, and as of 2011, the 33rd most populous city of India. The city is one of the largest producers of sports goods, and the largest producer of musical instruments in India. The city is also an education hub in western UP. It is famous for being the starting point of the first revolution of independence against the British rule in 1857.
TRANSPORTATION FROM THE AIRPORT TO THE VENUE AT CCSU:
Participants are advised to reach the venue in India latest on the night of 24th/25th November 2018. For the arriving participants of the Conference, on the night of 23/24th and 24/25th a free transport will be arranged, provided an arrival information is made available to the hosts sufficiently in advance.
If you are travelling to the venue with an accompanying person, please inform the hosts in advance.
Accommodation will be available in nearby hotels (Broadways and Harmony Inn) on preferential rates. All guests will be required to bear the cost of their stay at the hotel.
CLIMATE & CLOTHING:
The weather is mostly sunny with clear skies at this time of the year. Temperatures vary around 23-degree Celsius. Early mornings and evenings are cool thus light woolen clothes are recommended.
TRAVEL DOCUMENTS AND PERSONAL INSURANCE:
All foreign citizens coming to India must have in their passports a valid visa, issued by the Indian Embassy in their respective country. Also, travelers to India are advised to have health and other insurance policies as they deem fit.
Participants are advised to change the foreign currency on the airport upon arrival. Indian currency is the Rupee. The rate of exchange is 1 USD = 65 INR. All payments are made in local currency. Credit cards are accepted at places (but look for the signs or ask the owner of establishment).
Foreign citizens can carry into India, a maximum amount of cash worth 10.000 USD. However, Indian Rupee Notes cannot be taken out of the country.
Costs of sightseeing will have to be borne by the participants. Through tourist agency, the Organizers will help to arrange a trip to AGRA-JAIPUR-DELHI and back to the airport during November 28th to 2nd of December. Those interested must inform the hosts sufficiently in advance.
NOTE: PLEASE FILE THE FOLLOWING LETTER OF INTENT WITH THE CONVENOR