The Civil Protection Headquarters of the Republic of Croatia has issued Decisions to execute the measures planned for the first phase, which will apply from April 27:
1. Decision on working hours and mode of operation of commerce during the COVID-19 disease outbreak
Opening hours of stores, warehouses, wholesale markets, retail markets and other forms of sale of goods outside the store are valid as before the declaration of the pandemic, except Sundays, public holidays and non-working days.
Sundays, public holidays and non-working days are open to newsstands, bakeries, bread and bakery shops and gas station stores.
2. Decision on necessary measures to limit social gatherings, work in commerce, services and holding sporting and cultural events during the declared COVID-19 disease epidemic
A strict measure of physical distance requires avoiding close personal contact at a distance of at least two (2) meters indoors and one (1) meters outdoors.
The anti-epidemic measures required by this Decision are:
1) a ban on holding all public events and gathering more than five (5) people in one place;
2) suspension of business operations of commercial entities within the trade centers (except for stores which were allowed to operate until the date of application of this Decision);
3) suspension of all cultural activities, holding exhibitions, shows and fairs, except for the work of libraries, museums, galleries, antiques and bookstores (until May 3, 2020);
4) suspension of the operation of catering establishments of all categories, with the exception of the service of preparation and delivery of food, accommodation services and operation of public and student kitchens;
5) suspension of business entities engaged in service activities in which close contact with customers is established (for example, hairdressers, cosmeticians, barbers, pedicures);
6) suspension of work of business entities engaged in service activities in which close contact with clients is achieved (massage salons, saunas, swimming pools);
7) suspension of work of gyms, sports centers, fitness and recreation centers;
8) Suspension of all sports competitions and organized trainings, except for the training of athletes I and II. categories in individual sports and training of senior sports teams performing in the highest level of competition;
9) suspension of the holding of children's and other workshops and organized dance schools;
10) suspension of the operation of driving schools and schools of foreign languages;
11) suspension of religious gatherings (until May 1, 2020)
3. Decision on the development and organization of public transport during the COVID - 19 disease outbreak
Given the possibility of transmission of COVID-19 disease, the following shall be suspended temporarily during the duration of the declared epidemic of COVID-19 disease:
- public regular carriage of passengers in inland road transport, except for carriage taxis;
- public regular carriage of passengers in international road transport;
- public international and interurban transport of persons by rail.
Tram and other public urban and suburban transport service providers are obliged to organize the transport in compliance with all general anti-epidemic measures and special recommendations and instructions of the Croatian Institute of Public Health relating to public transport.
Passengers in tram and other public urban and suburban traffic are obliged to adhere to all general anti-epidemic measures and specific recommendations and instructions concerning public transport.
For the duration of this Decision, railway and bus stations may be opened subject to all general anti-epidemic measures and special recommendations and instructions of the Croatian Institute of Public Health, only for the needs of urban and suburban public transport.